Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Attention Span... what's that?

Attention Span… What Is That?
If I knew that, then I wouldn’t be writing this, would I? So, analytically, attention is defined by the ability of the mind to concentrate particularly on a particular thought, which is not constrained to defining circumstances. That means that our mind functions on a level as to our current awareness to a great degree. An intellectual person may not be able to achieve maximum potential because he or she does not know how to relate the content in their minds, which if they truly are intellectual, then even though the conceptual framework of a question is complicated and challenging, then that does not necessarily inhibit the nature of the response, which theoretically would be an accurate view. In reality, that is what it is. It is a viewpoint. My contingency is that I wish that the viewpoint could be scientifically underwritten that is to say that by simply concentrating on the matter that the subject or object of attraction would become undeniably apparently and useful. If you’re reading this and comprehending it, then you understand my brain is in the upper echelon of intelligence. I am not seeking praise. What I am seeking is counsel. Who wants counsel for being smart? Not to be smart-alike, but it is almost like you have to be a particular way to fully understand the implications. I hope you don’t take it that I am egotistical. Some people are just gifted. I am gifted, but challenged. Everybody has abilities in one respect or another though. What I would like to know is how to be genuinely interested in something that I am not interested in, which is made more complicated by the fact that I don’t have the greatest attention span in the world either. What a phenomenal predicament! Maybe I’m predestined to be stupid because apparently I was born with half a brain, but the half that is existent is good. Mortal minds have their fallacies. The pragmatic notion would be to strive to incorporate interest into a subject; however, how do I make myself love the Iliad? I think intelligence is not defined by intellectual premonitions or IQ. It is defined by intention, which is purposed through dedication. However, if IQ is viable, then the thought of advancing the mind is basically infinite in complexity and forethought. The key ingredient is to incorporate a desire to be where you are. How you do that is left up to you. I have not come up with a logical solution yet. I just know that from the evidences that this is the case… how the mind is directed. So, if you didn’t get anything out of this, get this. If you are not interested in something, then you might as well do something else. Is that simple enough (not to denote you’re inferior in “smarts”?
A frustrated and slightly confused individual (You may find the post below this more interesting as far as content is concerned. This was just a personal thoughts post.)

1 comment:

Dale said...

Sorry, I was going to make a great comment, but my mind drifted.....